Before disinfecting your Well, investigate and correct possible sources of contamination such as:
- Surface water running into or collecting near the Well.
- A defective or improperly installed Well Casing, cover or pipe connection which would allow surface water, animals, insects or plant material to enter the Well. (Well casing not sealed).
- Nearby septic systems or manure piles, which are within 30M (100ft) of the well.
- Openings in the well seal.
- Well casing not being deep enough.
- A source of contamination not related to the Well Construction.